Breyer Traditional Series Snowman
The horse with the ultimate rags-to-riches story! In 1956, riding instructor Harry de Leyer went shopping for potential school horses in Pennsylvania. Purchased by de Leyer for $80 as he was being loaded into a van bound for the slaughterhouse, the 7-year-old gelding became a hit with his children, who dubbed him Snowman. Showman was sold, but he kept jumping fences and returning to de Leyer's farm. Recognizing his talent, de Leyer began training him for the show ring. Soon, Snowman was beating the country's best jumpers everywhere he went! Snowman also appeared on television shows! He was the subject of two books, had his own fan club, and was flown abroad for guest appearances. Inducted into the Show Jumping Hall of Fame in 1992, Snowman has been made into a Breyer Horse Model to forever be remembered as a champion!
- Bound for the meat truck, Snowman was saved for $80
- Snowman possessed the skills to be both a school horse teaching beginners, and an international jumping sensation
- Subject of books, fan clubs, and made guest appearances
- Inducted into the Show Jumping Hall of Fame in 1992
- Traditional series, 1:9 scale
Breyer Traditional Series Snowman is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.