NOVEMBER 24, 2020 - UPDATE
TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS,
As a family owned Canadian retailer with 52 locations and an e-commerce business, we continue to monitor the evolution of COVID-19 across this great country of ours. Our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our customers and employees. We are fortunate to have strong partnerships with the communities where we operate, and we are closely following the guidance and recommendations from local, provincial and federal health agencies on COVID-19.
We heartily acknowledge all of our Health Care workers and First Responders in Canada - they are truly magnificent and are working tirelessly to keep us safe. When COVID-19 first started we donated our entire warehouse supply of disposable gloves to a local hospital in order to assist front-line health care workers with the PPE they needed. We also want to thank and acknowledge all the staff at Greenhawk from our distribution centre team who are helping to ship out orders and keep the system working, through to our front-line store teams and everyone in our company doing their part. Thank you.
The second wave of Covid-19 is now upon us and our country is once again facing a time of uncertainty. As an essential business providing for the health care and well-being of horses and pets, Greenhawk remains open to service the needs of our community. Depending on the province and the municipality, our operating standards may vary - anywhere from limited in-store shopping to curb service or a mixture of the two. At all times, the safety of our teammates and of you, our customers, are strictly enforced to the best of our ability.
Here are the current actions we have taken in order to enhance your safety as well as that of our teammates:
· E-commerce exchanges and returns are being accepted, however, our processing times for these have been increased. Thank you in advance for your patience
· We have temporarily stopped accepting items for consignment
· On-line purchases at www.greenhawk.com will be delivered to you at no charge (minimum $50 purchase; some exceptions apply)
· Stores have been retrofitted according to regional health department guidelines and all staff have been supplied with appropriate PPE in order to enhance their personal safety as well as yours
· Sanitizers are available in all stores for staff and customer use
· Protocols are in place in all stores in order to provide staff with enhanced training on best practices including personal hygiene, social distancing and customer interaction
· Constant cleaning and sanitizing procedures of hard surfaces are in place
· Signage has been made available to encourage social distancing and provide important health information to our staff and customers
· The majority of our Home Office teammates are now working from home
· Our Distribution Center has been modified to enhance best practices in social distancing and all employees have access to personal protective equipment
· On-line ordering continues to ship on a daily basis with most orders being shipped on the same day as they are received. We do appreciate your patience however as external delivery services are experiencing some delays due to increased volumes
During this Holiday season, we encourage you to shop locally and support your local community. Together we need to do whatever we can to support those around us.
Greenhawk has been a family-owned Canadian business for 35 years and on behalf of our entire team we appreciate your understanding and support as we all continue to work hard to keep you and our store teams safe.
Best Regards - and stay safe,
Ian K. Russell | Chief Executive Officer