March 26, 2020
TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS,
As a National operator of 52 retail operations and a major distribution center, Greenhawk Equestrian Sport continues to monitor the rapidly evolving impacts of coronavirus (COVID-19) across this great country of ours from all angles. Unwaveringly and without question, our top priority is the health and wellbeing of our customers and employees. We are fortunate to have strong partnerships with the communities where we operate, and we are closely monitoring the statements and following the guidance and recommendations from local, provincial and federal health agencies on COVID-19.
I want to take a moment to acknowledge all of our Health Care workers and first responders in Canada - they are truly magnificent and are working tirelessly to keep us safe and address our concerns. This week we donated our entire warehouse supply of disposable gloves to a local hospital to help get the front-line health care workers the PPE they need.
Most of our Canadian stores from coast to coast are making adjustments to the days that they are open and to their hours of operation, while they take into consideration the personal needs of their teammates and their families, as well as your important personal needs in order that we can continue to provide you with products that are essential to the needs of the ongoing health and maintenance of your horses and your pets. Please check in with your local store either on their social media page or by telephone in order to keep updated on their hours and days of operation. Many stores are now offering curbside pickup service, and several have the option for you to pay without leaving your car.
Over the course of the weeks to come, we will continue to communicate; deploy and re-enforce specific actions aimed at slowing the spread of COVID-19. Here are the current actions we are taking in order to enhance your safety as well as that of our teammates:
- Change rooms are temporarily closed to the public
- The fitting of helmets and footwear will be done under the supervision of a staff member, but they will avoid any personal contact with you
- We have extended our return policy to 60 days for your convenience
- We have temporarily stopped accepting any items for consignment
- Most stores offer a “personal shopping experience” for your personal convenience and to enhance social distancing
- We are aware that there are public gathering event restrictions in place across all provinces where we operate. We are – and will continue to – follow all official guidance
- Any on-line purchase at www.greenhawk.com will be delivered to you at no charge (minimum $50 purchase; exceptions apply)
- We have cancelled all local marketing events until further notice
- We have greatly reduced operating hours and days of operation in most stores across Canada and in some markets, we have closed stores until further notice in order to encourage social distancing, while giving customers an opportunity to procure essential products for the ongoing health of their horses and/or pets/ul>
Greenhawk has been a family owned Canadian business for 35 years and we appreciate your understanding and support as we all work hard to keep you and our store teams safe during these uncertain times. We are here for you.
Ian K. Russell
Chief Executive Officer